STAFFORD COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
REGISTERING YOUR CHILD FOR SCHOOL
Parents should enroll their child as soon as they arrive in Stafford County.
Stafford schools welcome all students regardless of race, color, creed, sex, religion, national origin or disabling condition who live within the boundaries of the Stafford County Public School district and meet state age and health requirements. Parents should enroll their child as soon as they arrive in Stafford County at the school they will be attending by making an appointment at the appropriate school. If you have questions about which school your child should attend, call the Central Office at (540) 658-6000. Children who will be five years old on or before September 30 and have not reached age twenty on or before August 1 are eligible for admission.
||When you register, please bring the following:
Please click here
for a list of documents required for enrollment in Stafford County Public Schools.
Instructions for Completing the Student Registration Form
The Student Registration form should be completed for all enrolling students. This includes students who have not previously attended Stafford County Public Schools, students that have left for a period of time and are re-enrolling, and students who move from one school to another within Stafford County.
Click here for the Student Registration Form
- This form may be completed on the computer but must be printed and hand-carried by the parent or legal guardian into the school where the student will be registering. Contact the school to set up an appointment. Forms may not be submitted via internet, email attachment or US postal service.
- All applicable questions/boxes should be completed by the parent or guardian. Areas highlighted in RED are required fields to complete.
- The form must be typed or completed in ink.
- The form should be printed, signed and dated by the parent or guardian.
- A certified copy of the birth certificate must be presented at time of enrollment. Copies are not acceptable. The Birth certificate information is completed by school personnel in the appropriate gray area.
- If a birth certificate is not available, an affidavit must be presented. The supporting documentation should be noted by school personnel in the appropriate gray box.
- The ethnic group and race categories should be completed by the parent or guardian. If the parent or guardian does not complete both questions, the parent/guardian should be aware that school personnel will complete the selection.
- School personnel registering the student will complete the gray portions of the form with input from the parent or guardian.
- School personnel registering the student will print and sign their name and date the form. The date should include the year.
Your child must be immunized against Diphtheria, Pertussis (whooping cough), Tetanus (DPT), Poliomyelitis (OPV), Measles (Rubeola), Mumps, Rubella (MMR), Hepatitis B, and Chicken Pox (Varicella). The following are required of all students:
- Four doses of DTaP, with one dose after the fourth birthday for new students beginning fall 2010;
- Four doses of IPV/OPV, with one dose after the fourth birthday for new students beginning fall 2010;
- Two doses of measles and mumps vaccine, and one dose of rubella vaccine (usually given as MMR) beginning Fall 2010;
- Three doses of Hepatitis B following the recommended schedule
- Two doses of varicella vaccine for stuents kindergarten - 3, One dose Varicella vaccine students grades 4-10 beginning fall 2013
- A Tdap (Diphtheria, Pertussis, and Tetanus) booster is required of students grades 6-12
- An HPV(Human Pappillomavirus) vaccine series is recommended for girls entering 6th grade
Immunization records must show the month, day, and year of vaccines received.
Students who do not have the necessary immunizations and/or a physical examination will not be allowed to attend school. However, students may be conditionally enrolled if their health records indicate that they have had a current dose of the vaccines and parents present a written schedule from a physician for completing the immunizations within ninety days of enrollment.
The Stafford County Health Department provides immunizations on Fridays from 8:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m., on an appointment only basis. There is no fee. Call 659-3101 for further information or appointments.
Last Updated: 08/31/2012